Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Be he ‘live, or be he dead,
I’ll grind his bones to make my bread.
6 cups flour
2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
2 tsp salt to taste
Cornmeal to sprinkle on top
1. Combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda in a large bowl.
2. Heat together milk and water until very warm.
3. Add dry Ingredients: and beat well. Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
4. Spoon into 2 loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal. Sprinkle cornmeal on top. Cover and let stand in warm place for 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
English muffin prices gouging you at the grocery store? Take the recipe from those greedy giants. This recipe will introduce the fine craft of baking to your kids. They will mix, measure, scoop, and sprinkle. All fine elements of becoming a great chef!